Certified DevSecOps Professional CDP
The hands-on DevSecOps Certification Course
The DevSecOps Professional course is our most sought-after DevSecOps Training and Certification program.
In this DevSecOps certification course, you will learn:
- DevSecOps processes, tools, and techniques.
- Major components in a DevOps Pipeline.
- How to create and maintain DevSecOps pipelines using SCA, SAST, DAST, and Security as Code.
- How to mature an organization’s DevSecOps Program.
- Learn to understand and apply the principles, values, and practices that enable DevSecOps:
This DevSecOps Training and Certification Course is practical in nature with 100+ guided hands-on exercises in our state of the art online labs.
Excellent hands-on introduction to DevSecOps. (CDP)
The strong point of this training is the Labs platform allowing to manipulate and put into practice the concepts, use the tools and integrate them into the CI/CD.
Great hands-on labs and material to learn DevSecOps The great aspect about this course is the hands-on learning. This equips you well to not only undertake the exam but also implement this in a real-world situation.
Self-paced Learning Mode
Browser-based Lab Access
24/7 Instructor Support via Mattermost
DevSecOps Certification Prerequisites
- Course participants should have knowledge of running basic linux commands like ls, cd, mkdir etc.,
- Course participants should have basic understanding of application Security practices like OWASP Top 10.
- You don’t need any experience with DevOps or DevOps tools.
Chapter 1: An Introduction to the Basics
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps Building Blocks- People, Process and Technology.
- DevOps Principles – Culture, Automation, Measurement and Sharing (CAMS)
- Benefits of DevOps – Speed, Reliability, Availability, Scalability, Automation, Cost and Visibility.
- What is Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment?.
- Continuous Integration to Continuous Deployment to Continuous Delivery.
- Continuous Delivery vs Continuous Deployment.
- General workflow of CI/CD pipeline.
- Blue/Green deployment strategy
- Achieving full automation.
- Designing a CI/CD pipeline for web application.
- Common Challenges faced when using DevOps principle.
- Case studies on DevOps of cutting edge technology at Facebook, Amazon and Google
Demo: A full enterprise grade DevSecOps Pipeline.
Chapter 2: Introduction to the Tools of the trade
- Gitlab CI/Github Actions/Circle CI/Jenkins/Travis/
- OWASP ZAP
- Hands-On Labs: Building a CI Pipeline using Gitlab CI/Jenkins/Travis and Gitlab/Github Actions.
- Hands-On Labs: Use the above tools to create a complete CI/CD pipeline.
Note: Once you learn the above tools, you will be able to create DevSecOps Pipelines in Cloud providers like AWS, Azure DevOps etc.,
Chapter 3: Secure SDLC and CI/CD pipeline
- What is Secure SDLC
- Secure SDLC Activities and Security Gates
- Security Requirements ( Requirements)
- Threat Modelling (Design)
- Static Analysis and Secure by Default ( Implementation)
- Dynamic Analysis(Testing)
- OS Hardening, Web/Application Hardening (Deploy)
- Security Monitoring/Compliance (Maintain)
- DevSecOps Maturity Model (DSOMM)
- Maturity levels and tasks involved
- 4-axes in DSOMM
- How to go from Maturity Level 1 to Maturity Level 4
- Best practices for Maturity Level 1
- Considerations for Maturity Level 2
- Challenges in Maturity Level 3
- Dream of achieving Maturity Level 2
- Usings tools of the trade to do the above activities in CI/CD
- Embedding Security as part of CI/CD pipeline
- DevSecOps and challenges with Pentesting and Vulnerability Assessment.
- Hands-on: Create a CI/CD pipeline suitable for modern application.
- Hands-on: Manage the findings in a fully automated pipeline.
Real Professionals, Real Impact and Real Results
Chapter 4: Software Component Analysis (SCA) in CI/CD pipeline
- What is Software Component Analysis.
- Software Component Analysis and Its challenges.
- What to look in a SCA solution (Free or Commercial).
- Embedding SCA tools like OWASP Dependency Checker, Safety, RetireJs and NPM Audit, Snyk into the pipeline.
- Demo: using OWASP Dependency Checker to scan third party component vulnerabilities in Java Code Base.
- Hands-On Labs: using Safety/pip to scan third party component vulnerabilities in Python Code Base.
Chapter 5: SAST (Static Analysis) in CI/CD pipeline
- What is Static Application Security Testing.
- Static Analysis and Its challenges.
- Embedding SAST tools like Find Bugs into the pipeline.
- Secrets scanning to prevent secret exposure in the code.
- Writing custom checks to catch secrets leak age in an organization.
- Hands-On Labs:
- using SpotBugs to scan Java code.
- using trufflehog/gitrob to scan for secrets in CI/CD pipeline.
- using brakeman/bandit to scan Ruby on Rails and Python Code Base.
Chapter 6: DAST (Dynamic Analysis) in CI/CD pipeline
- What is Dynamic Application Security Testing.
- Dynamic Analysis and Its challenges ( Session Management, AJAX Crawling )
- Embedding DAST tools like ZAP and Burp Suite Dastardly into the pipeline.
- SSL misconfiguration testing
- Server Misconfiguration Testing like secret folders and files.
- Creating baseline scans for DAST.
- Hands-On Labs: using ZAP to configure per commit/weekly/monthly scans.
Chapter 7: Infrastructure as Code and Its Security
- What is Infrastructure as Code and its benefits.
- Platform + Infrastructure Definition + Configuration Management.
- Introduction to Ansible.
- Benefits of Ansible.
- Push and Pull based configuration management systems
- Modules, tasks, roles and Playbooks
- Tools and Services which helps to achieve IaaC
- Hands-On Labs: Docker and Ansible
- Hands-On Labs: Using Ansible to create Golden images and harden Infrastructure.
Chapter 8: Compliance as code
- Different approaches to handle compliance requirements at DevOps scale
- Using configuration management to achieve compliance.
- Manage compliance using Inspec/OpenScap at Scale.
- Hands-On Labs: Create a Inspec profile to create compliance checks for your organization
- Hands-On Labs: Use Inspec profile to scale compliance.
Chapter 9: Vulnerability Management with custom tools
- Approaches to manage the vulnerabilities in the organization.
- Hands-On Labs: Using Defect Dojo for vulnerability management.
Practical DevSecOps Certification Process
- After completing the course schedule the exam on your prefered date.
- Pass the exam to get Certified DevSecOps Professional Certification.
- Process of achieving practical devsecops course certifications can be found on the exam and certification page.