Are you passionate about cybersecurity and interested in mastering the principles of DevSecOps? Becoming a Certified DevSecOps Engineer is an excellent way to validate your skills and open up exciting opportunities in the field. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of becoming a certified DevSecOps Engineer, providing you with the necessary steps to embark on this rewarding journey.
Who Is a Certified DevSecOps Engineer?
Certified DevSecOps Engineer is a highly skilled professional who specializes in integrating security practices into the DevOps workflow. DevSecOps Engineers who are certified demonstrate their expertise in securing and protecting software development processes. Unlike traditional development or operations roles, a Certified DevSecOps Engineer possesses a deep understanding of both development and security concepts and how they can be seamlessly integrated.
How To Be a Certified DevSecOps Engineer?
To become a Certified DevSecOps Engineer, follow these key steps:
1. Gain Foundational Knowledge: Start by building your foundation in core cybersecurity principles and development practices. Understand security frameworks, secure coding practices, vulnerability management, and DevOps methodologies. This knowledge will serve as a strong basis for your DevSecOps journey.
2. Acquire DevOps Skills: Familiarize yourself with DevOps concepts and practices. Learn about continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automation tools like Git, Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes. Understanding the DevOps approach is essential to effectively integrate security throughout the development process.
Also Read, Best Books on DevSecOps
3. Expand Your Security Expertise: Deepen your understanding of security by exploring areas such as application security, network security, cloud security, and secure coding practices. Familiarize yourself with industry-standard security frameworks like OWASP, NIST, and CIS. Stay updated with the latest security trends and vulnerabilities.
4. Devote Time to Learning: Engage in formal training programs or online courses focused on DevSecOps. Look for reputable organizations or platforms that offer certifications specifically tailored to DevSecOps Engineer roles. These programs typically cover topics like secure software development, continuous security testing, and security automation.
5. Hands-on Experience: Apply your knowledge through practical experience. Participate in real-world projects or engage in security-related activities in your current role. Hands-on experience will help solidify your understanding and enhance your problem-solving skills.
6. Get Certified: Pursue certifications that specifically validate your skills as a DevSecOps Engineer. Look for certifications like “Certified DevSecOps Professional” offered by Practical DevSecOps. These certifications demonstrate your expertise in integrating security into DevOps practices and are highly valued in the industry.
7. Networking and Continuous Learning: Connect and network with professionals in the DevSecOps community. Participate in industry conferences, meetups, and online forums. Engage in ongoing learning to keep up with evolving technologies and practices within the DevSecOps landscape.
By following these steps and committing to continuous learning and improvement, you can embark on a successful journey to become a Certified DevSecOps Engineer. Start your path today and join the ranks of professionals who bridge the gap between development, operations, and security, securing applications for a safer digital world.
Also Read, Comprehensive Guide for DevSecOps Engineers
Also Read, Best Certifications for DevSecOps Engineers.
Training course to be a certified DevSecOps Engineer:
Practical DevSecOps offers an excellent Certified DevSecOps Professional (CDP) course with hands-on training through browser-based labs, 24/7 instructor support, and the best learning resources to upskill in DevSecOps skills.
Start your team’s journey mastering DevSecOps today with Practical DevSecOps!
Also Read, Why DevSecOps is a Promising Career Option?